VICTRON ORION-TR SMART 12/12-30A (360W) NON-ISOLATED DC-DC CHARGER
The Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC charger is a professional DC to DC adaptive 3-stage charger with built-in Bluetooth. For use in dual battery systems in vehicles or on boats where the alternator and the start battery are used to charge the service battery. The unit can be monitored and programmed via Bluetooth and can be remotely controlled via a remote on/off switch.
The Orion Tr-Smart charger can be used in 12V or 24V systems and is suitable for both lead-acid and lithium batteries. Models are available up to 400W and unlimited multiple units can be connected in parallel to increase output power. Suitable for high temperatures up to 55°C with a full rated output up to 40°C.
- Battery charge algorithm (configurable) or fixed output.
- Smart alternator compatibility: engine running detection mechanism.
- For lead-acid batteries, it is important that during shallow discharges the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge, the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery is completely recharged.
- For lithium batteries, absorption time is fixed default 2 hours.
- Alternatively, a fixed output voltage can be chosen.
Input fuse (not replaceable)
The main difference with an isolated DC-DC charger is the connection to each battery as there is only one negative connection to the battery. Plus, there is no internal connection between the negatives in the battery. Some systems require an isolated DC to DC charger, this can be some of the reasons:
- Typically, marine application with limited corrosion
- Decrease noise from one battery system that will affect another battery system
One example of a non-isolated system is an automotive system, such as both batteries are negative and connected to the chassis of a vehicle. The system is non-isolated but either unit will suit.
No Solar Regulator in the DC-DC Charger:
Victron have chosen to separate the charger and the solar regulators, these are the advantages:
- You can choose the correct solar regulator to match your panels with the best efficiency for the solar charging
- The solar can be charging into the battery system simultaneously with the onboard vehicle charging
- Without a solar regulator, the DC-DC charger will stay cheaper
- Output Current Rating 30 Amps
- DC Input Voltage 10-17V
- DC Output Voltage 12,2 V
- Standby Current Less than 1mA
- Efficiency 87%
- Operating Temperature Range -20 to +55°C (derate 3% per °C above 40°C)
- Humidity Maximum 95% non-condensing
- Short Circuit Current 60A
- Under Voltage Shutdown 7V
- Maximum Charge Current 40A
- No Load Power Consumption <80 mA
- Dimensions 130 x 186 x 80 mm
- Warranty 5 Years